Details about this Career
The primary responsibility of the General Landscape Foreman is to lead and perform a variety of duties to grow, maintain, and care for all types of plants
and landscapes in a variety of settings. Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers promptly and courteously. Answer questions and provide information as needed. Perform all job responsibilities in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive wages
- Simple IRA with company match
- Year-round employment
- Oversee day-to-day crew tasks including but not limited to fertilizer and chemical applications, lawn mowing, power raking, irrigation installation and repair, landscape bed maintenance, perimeter pest control applications, spring and fall cleanups and other lawn and landscape maintenance tasks.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner. Use knowledge of turf grass and landscape industry to inform and educate customers.
- Must be legally licensed with a state specific applicators license.
- Acquires and stores pesticide and herbicide solutions; mixes or dilutes specified chemicals or materials according to directions and applies them at the recommended rate.
- Able to use outdoor maintenance and power equipment, variety of hand tools, and legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Willingness to work as part of a team or alone, in all weather conditions.
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical labor on a daily basis.
- Installs, adjusts, and performs minor repairs on application equipment.
- Instructs team members, as required, in applying sprays, dusts, and other materials.
- Follow all policies as specified in the Employee Handbook.
- Retain, label and submit all receipts timely and accurately.
- Commit the hours necessary to make sure the job is done to satisfaction.
- Make decisions that are in the best interest of the company.
- Assist in maintaining all Weller Brothers equipment.
- Snow removal.
- Other duties needed to help drive and fulfill the Weller Brothers Mission.
Candidate Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate professionally with customers and team members
- Superior customer service skills
- Lead by example
- Manage and train new team members
- Timely input of hours on LMN software to ensure accurate payroll processing
- Hold team members accountable for being to work on time and doing their respective duties
- Hold team members accountable for proper care of company issued tools and equipment
- Proficient computer knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma/GED required
- Degree in Horticulture preferred
- One year experience preferred but not required
the Weller Brothers Way
Our Mission and Roots guide us in our decision and actions every day. They are not just written words; they are our culture.
Learn Our Values