Details about this Career
We hire the best talent in the industry!
Weller Brothers provides the highest quality landscape design, construction, and maintenance services to clients in Sioux Falls and the surrounding communities. Because we are growing, we are looking for a motivated and passionate Arborist to become part of our team
The primary responsibility of the Arborist is to maintain trees and woody plants to ensure their healthy, safe, and attractive condition including chemical applications, repairing, cabling, fertilizing, watering, pruning, and removal of any dead, diseased or declining trees. Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers promptly and courteously. Answer questions and provide information as needed. Perform all job responsibilities in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
Compensation and Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Simple IRA with company match
- Oversee day-to-day crew tasks including but not limited to pruning, trimming, cutting, chemical applications, and other lawn and landscape maintenance tasks.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner. Use knowledge of the landscape industry to inform and educate customers.
- Must be legally licensed with a state-specific applicators license.
- Acquires and stores pesticide and herbicide solutions; mixes or dilutes specified chemicals or materials according to directions and applies them at the recommended rate.
- Able to use outdoor maintenance and power equipment, a variety of hand tools, and legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Willingness to work as part of a team or alone, in all weather conditions.
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical labor on a daily basis.
- Install, adjust, and perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Instructs team members, as required, in daily tasks.
- Follow all policies as specified in the Employee Handbook.
- Retain, label and submit all receipts timely and accurately.
- Commit the hours necessary to make sure the job is done to satisfaction.
- Make decisions that are in the best interest of the company.
- Assist in maintaining all Weller Brothers equipment.
- Snow removal in the winter.
- Other duties needed to help drive and fulfill the Weller Brothers Mission.
Candidate Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate professionally with customers and team members
- Superior customer service skills
- Manage and train new team members
- Timely input of hours on LMN software to ensure accurate payroll processing
- Hold team members accountable for being to work on time and doing their respective duties
- Hold team members accountable for proper care of company-issued tools and equipment
- Proficient computer knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma/GED required
- One year experience preferred
the Weller Brothers Way
Our Mission and Roots guide us in our decision and actions every day. They are not just written words; they are our culture.
Learn Our Values