Details about this Career
Our success starts with our people!
Weller Brothers provides the highest quality landscape design, maintenance and construction services to clients in Sioux Falls, SD and the surrounding communities.
Organized and efficient office support staff ensure sales and production personnel can focus on creating and maintaining beautiful landscapes for our customers. The Accountant II will provide professional level accounting support for the design, sales and production teams.
Career advancement opportunities are available.
All job inquiries and interviews will be kept completely confidential.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Oversee accounts payable, including credit card activity
- Prepare accounts receivable, including follow up on past due receivables
- Reconcile bank statements and credit card statements
- Prepare and file sales and excise tax returns
- Process payroll and payroll taxes
- Enter inventory transactions
- Record fixed asset purchases and monthly depreciation
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Identify and implement process efficiencies where possible
- Assist in developing formal accounting policies and procedures
- Analyze financial information and assist in the preparation of financial reports
- Perform other accounting tasks as they arise
- Assist in answering calls and directing them to the correct staff (when needed)
- Help to maintain a clean, professional, and welcoming office
- Demonstrate a positive team attitude
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Health insurance
- Simple IRA with company match
- Paid Time off
- Personal and professional advancement opportunities
Candidate Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 2 to 4 years of experience preferred
- Ability to think critically and problem-solve
- Independent decision-making skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Communicate effectively with team members and leadership
- Quickbooks experience preferred
We get jobs done the Weller Brothers Way.